There are a variety of weblinks that you will enjoy and which will support your learning ...and are fun too! These websites may also help you to develop your classroom learning by giving extra information so that you understand the lesson themes better. If you have a favourite learning activities website, use the email contact form (in the Contact Us under Home menu tab), to send us the link. We may include it for others to use too.
Compiled by Abbey McGorlick updated May 2013
PurpleMash: You will need your username and password to access PurpleMash. You can get these from your teacher.
For the PurpleMash login page, click on this LINK
BBC Newsround: A BBC website that helps young people to keep up with the news. Click HERE.
BBC Key Stage 1 Bitesize Activities: Another BBC interactive activities for KS1 children. Lots of fun...and learning too. Click HERE.
BBC Key Stage 2 Bitesize Activities: This time, it's a BBC interactive site for KS2 pupils. Great for Y5 and Y6 revision ...but Y3 and Y4 will enjoy it too. Use headphones or have speakers turned on. Click HERE.
Useful Phonics websites:
- Phonics Play: These fun and interactive games will help you learn your sounds. Click on this LINK
- Letters and Sounds: Here you will find printable resources for each phase...and links to fun games! Click on this LINK
- BBC Words and Pictures: A mix of very good interactive games and resources.
Recommendation – Sandcastle quiz for phase 3 and 5. Click on this LINK
- Topmarks Letters and Sounds: More games to help you practise your sounds. Click on this LINK
Useful Literacy websites:
- ICT GAMES: Click on this LINK
- Our reading scheme - Oxford Reading Tree: Click on this LINK
- BBC Bitesize for Key Stage 1: Click on this LINK
- KIDSPELL: Click on this LINK
Useful Maths Websites:
Times Tables Rock Stars: Click on this LINK.
Topmarks Counting: Click on this LINK
Topmarks Hit the Button: Click on this LINK
Primary Maths Resources: These free maths activities KS1 and KS2 (around 3,000 of them) are sorted by year group and learning objective. They are also separated into resources for both teachers and students and include videos, games, apps and maths worksheets. Click on this LINK
Some Early Years and Foundation Stage videos to watch with your child.....have speakers turned on!
Here are a range of stories we use to develop children's early reading and writing skills.
- The Hungry Caterpillar - click HERE
....more useful websites to be added....keep checking.