Family Information Service
A reminder about the The City of Sunderland Families Information Service (FIS).
FIS provides information about all aspects of family life. It is for mothers, fathers, grandparents and anyone who is caring for a baby, child or young person. It’s also available to people who work with families. It’s free, confidential and impartial.
The service can offer help, advice or signposting to other organisations. It’s for all families; whether you are expecting your first child or a parent of a teenager. Their website has information about Childcare Options, help with childcare costs and other advice. FIS offers information about all aspects of family life including:
- Registered and un-registered childcare including childminders, out of school clubs, day nurseries, nursery schools and classes, crèches, and parent and toddler groups
- Sources of help to pay for childcare.
- Choosing and applying for a nursery, primary or secondary school in Sunderland
- Children’s Centres; where they are and what they offer
- Free early learning places for 3 and 4 year olds
- Play and leisure activities
- Staying fit and healthy
Click on this LINK to visit their website homepage; from there you can access their range of leaflets.