DIOCESE OF HEXHAM & NEWCASTLE
SUNDERLAND CITY COUNCIL CHILDREN’S SERVICES
ST. ANNE’S RC VA PRIMARY SCHOOL
Hylton Road, Sunderland, SR4 9AA Tel: 0191 5344555
NOR 238 (including Nursery)
Classroom/Behaviour Support Grade C (SCP 11-13, £15,807 - £16,491) Term Time Only Pro rata
Required from 1st September 2018 to 31st August 2019
The post will be a 1 year fixed term contract to enable the school to support a group of children within an identified year group and will cease on 31st August 2019 when the cohort move into the next year group.
We have an exciting opportunity for the unique post of Classroom/Behaviour Support Worker. We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic and hard-working individual to complement our outstanding range of intervention and support groups. The successful candidate will work alongside a qualified teacher or HLTA to deliver a variety of interventions with individuals and small groups in order to support all learners.
The successful candidate should:
- High expectations of themselves and pupils, with a commitment to raising standards academically, spiritually and socially.
- Have the highest expectations for all children.
- inspire and engage all children creatively in the learning process
- Be flexible and adaptable in their approach to support and nurture our children towards reaching their full potential.
- Be an effective communicator, working in collaboration with colleagues, parents and our school family
- Be dedicated to their own professional development
- Be committed to developing our team and maintaining effective relationships within the parish and in our wider school community
- Share strengths and ideas with peers.
We can offer you the opportunity:
- To work in a very happy, vibrant and successful Catholic school
- To be part of an enthusiastic, supportive and hard-working team of staff
- To contribute to an inclusive school, where every child matters
- To be part of an active and supportive school family, including - governors, parents and parish community
- To work in a school with a strong commitment to continuous professional development and a network of support from our school partners.
Please return completed application form to Mrs C Harrison, Headteacher Designate, at the above address.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore will be subject to a DBS check from the Disclosure and Barring Service. The school safeguards and protects its students and staff by being committed to respond in accordance with Sunderland Local Safeguarding Board Procedures.
Closing date: Noon on Friday 29th June 2018
Short listing: Monday 2nd July 2018
Interviews: Tuesday 10th July 2018
N.B. Only short listed candidates will be contacted.